Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Thank God for Dirty Dishes


Thank God for Dirty Dishes

They have a tale to tell,
While other folks go hungry,
We're eating very well.
With home and health and happiness,
We shouldn't want to fuss.
For by this stack of evidence,
God's very good to us!

This poem was found hand written into an old cookbook and then added to our family cookbook for a reunion. 

I think it is really special and a wonderful reminder in these tough economic times. This was written during a time when people were having similar struggles as we are today and the people in my family kept this as a reminder of how blessed they were. 

Next time you are worried or overwhelmed {by dishes or otherwise} remember how lucky you are. Cherish what you have and do what you can to bring that feeling to others. You are more blessed than you realize, so share some of that with those in need.

What is your favorite keep positive saying?

All for now,

Alexandra

2 comments:

  1. I highlighted this blog post on my Facebook Page today. Thank you so much! I even made a little dirty dishes print up. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=540693539329299&set=a.508107492587904.1073741832.199350783463578&type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for reading and for your sweet comment! So fun to have a family treasure. I love coming across things that people have left behind for me :) -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO