Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Liebster Award

liebster
Recently my blog was nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend Amanda over at On the Square!!  She has so many great posts where she shares some great fashion and beauty pictures and reviews among other things. She's extremely cool and she loves to read... so obviously her blog is going to be amazing! I really love her recent review on the Too Faced Romantic Eye Palette! So gorgeous! We actually met at our KU orientation back in 2008! Thanks so much for nominating me! :)

The Rules of the Award

1. Post eleven facts about yourself.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated.
3. Choose eleven people (with fewer than 200 followers) to give this award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.

11 Facts about Me
  1. I get real nerdy with board games. Seriously, Clue, Blokus, Farkle, Risk, Ticket to Ride... you name it.
  2. I am a major foodie. I love to cook. I like trying unusual combinations like chicken and apricot. I also love to cook with wine. It adds so much depth to dishes!
  3. I have some major wanderlust. It started early. So much I want to see. Being a travel blogger.. would be a dream job.
  4. I have a magazine problem. It gets better from time to time. But I can't resist buying them!
  5. I married my high school sweetheart and best friend. I'm not sure how we got so lucky at such a young age.. but I'm not questioning it!
  6. I love love love hunting for vintage treasures. Brooches, handbags, pitchers, records... the list goes on.
  7.  I am extremely goal-oriented. I am currently finishing up my list of 100 goals for the next 10 years. Check my goal setting tab for specific posts.
  8. S'mores are my favorite food ever. And I'm a foodie. I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to S'mores recipes.
  9. I'm really into making the world  a greener place. I know that it's healthier for myself and for the earth. I love finding great new products and methods of doing things.
  10. I love winter! I know that most people hate the cold, and don't enjoy the snow... but I do! I love the winter. It's beautiful, sparkly and serene. Plus I love all of the things that come with winter, cocoa, Christmas, scarves, cuddling. It's all good.
  11. I LOVE Gilmore Girls. I live tweet it.. quote it at home.. it's the best show ever. It's witty and cute. I can't get enough.
Questions to answer from On the Square
  1. Where are you from? - A tiny little town called Perry, Kansas. Now I call Lawrence home.
  2. What was the last thing you bought? - I did a 3 store mini shopping spree. Here's what I bought: The Hobbit on DVD ($10, run to Target!), Daphne Oz's new book Relish, Jessica Alba's new book The Honest Life, Black slim velvet hangers, a full circle eco friendly dish wand, A clearance eco-friendly journal, Rocky Mountain Popcorn Company's White Cheddar Popcorn.
  3. What do you do for a living? If you don’t work, what do you want to do for a living? - I just graduated in December, so for now I am subbing at the pre-school where I did my internship. My goal would be to work for a heath related non-profit where I am always on my toes, own my own business, or make a living doing part-time things that I love, like blogging and teaching yoga.
  4. Name the last book you read, and did you like it? - I have 2 categories of books that I keep track of, classics and everything else. My last classic was Anna Karenina. I loved it! So much going on, it felt so great to finish such a huge book on my list right before graduation. My other book was The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen. I started reading her books during our Midwestern snow storms and that was the last one that I finished. I really like her style of writing. It has magical touches added to the plot that really makes it so much more interesting than your average novel.
  5. If you could have a meal/drink with anyone, living or dead, who would it be with and what would you eat/drink? - I would love to have dinner with Elizabeth Miller Watkins. She gave money to develop a lot of Lawrence and she founded my scholarship hall on campus. I would love to hear about her life from her, not just from stories. She ran away, married an older man, gave money to the town and built homes for women who were studying at the university so that they could succeed. Such a great woman!
  6. Why did you start your blog? - I guess I just felt like I had a lot to say. I am really interested in the environment among other things and I wanted to share some of my beliefs on here.  This allows me to promote things I believe in, share inspiration and keep a record of my life for myself.
  7. In three words, describe what springtime was for you in your childhood. - Floral, Kitten-filled, and Tea Parties.
  8. Favorite scents? - Gosh, I'm a sucker for scents! I have become passionate about "green beauty" and therefore have been hunting for things free of artificial fragrance. It's hard to do! So currently I am in love with anything containing sweet orange, coconut and rose essential oils! :)
  9. What was your favorite subject in school? - I was an artsy girl all the way! Literature was definitely a close second though. I love to read, and a lot of my Lit teachers were great.
  10. Favorite decade? - Oh I love it all! I grew up on the American Girls books and other historical fiction. So it all fascinates me. I guess I would say right now that the 1940's have piqued my interest.
  11. If you can escape anywhere, where would you go? - My wanderlust is insatiable. Too many to choose from. But right now, I'm thinking Ireland. Castles, green as far as the eye can see, cliffs near the ocean...
Questions for my nominated blogs
  1. What is the best book you've read in the last year? All time favorite?
  2. If you could visit any place in the world, all expenses paid. Where would you choose and why?
  3. What is your favorite way to be "greener"?
  4. What is your favorite food?
  5. Would you rather instantly learn a language or how to play an instrument? Why?
  6. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Any holiday.
  7. What is a blogging tip that you have picked up that you want to share with other bloggers?
  8. What is your favorite item that you have bough second-hand or vintage?
  9. What TV show re-run do you love to watch?
  10. What is your dream job?
  11. What is your shopping weakness?
Nominated Blogs

I don't have 11 blogs to nominate, but I picked a few that have quality over quantity! I love following them and reading their posts! I definitely think that both of these blogs are on a higher caliber than mine! But I'm making big changes and improving it little by little, check out their blogs, linked below!

I nominate:
Natalie @ Good Girl Style
Sarah @ [ad-ven-cher]

Please follow me back! :)

I am pretty new to the networking part of blogging, so if you have tips or would like to collaborate... or if you want me to check out your blog leave a comment!

Thanks or reading!

All for now,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO