Monday, May 20, 2013

So We're Moving Again...

I hate moving.


As a student (or recent one) that's pretty much all you do. You move in in August and out in May, for 4 years. But for me it was 5 because Kyle and I were living in married student housing. Now that he's graduated we are moving off campus for the last time! Hopefully next time we move it will be a little more permanent! 

We've moved in with Kyle's parents for the summer months, 1) No rent payments! woohoo! 2) We haven't found any apartments we like yet! So this will work out well for such a short period of time!

With graduation this past weekend, we really just got the most basic things done. Our furniture we will be using is all up in our bedroom, and all of the things that need unpacked or stored long-term are in either the garage or a spare room. We are making progress bit by bit. 

But it is definitely hard trying to fit an apartment's worth of stuff into one little room! :) Oh, well it will be an adventure! I am already having fun seeing what it is like to have our furniture and things in a new space! It looks nothing like it did in our apartment, and the room looks completely different than it did when it was just Kyle's in high school! It's very fun!

My goal this week is to get our upstairs room done. All the furniture and items that we are going to use in a place where we can use them for the summer. In addition, I want to make sure that all of the things that are boxed are ready to move again in August, and neatly out of the way in his family's house. 

With that in mind you might wonder why I'm blogging... you know, instead of moving things. I really just needed a little break, and I wanted to let you all in on why I have been MIA recently. 

Hoping to blog about something more interesting soon. 

All for now,

the eternal nomad

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move! Moving can be a pain but apartment hunting is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope that we start seeing some decent places from now on! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO