Friday, July 11, 2014

Fourth of July, 2014!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful 4th of July! 

My birthday is the 3rd, so every year we go to my family's house for a cookout and to set off fireworks where it's legal, as well as celebrate my birthday.

On our way to see my family this year we saw a dog running across the sidewalk near the highway without any people around. I had posted something on facebook earlier that morning about thinking about pets on the 4th, (more get lost then than any other day!), but never expected to need to use that information. We followed the dog, tracked her down and eventually got a hold of her owner. I was so glad that we were able to help her get home! For more information on summer pet safety click here.

Here are the pictures from this year, and one video of a rogue firework caught in slow motion.

Actually from a few weeks ago, but I had to include it!

Vintage sheet music I've been holding onto.

Vintage Jewelry for the day!

All my parent's kids. Olivia is actually smiling!!

Jess is adorable.

Enjoying the nice weather (rare!).

Dad and Kalor.

Olivia's pinwheel.

Dad roasting marshmallows.

Sisters. Finally got one with Olivia smiling, sheer joy right there. :)

Just me and Jess.

Aftermath of the daytime Fireworks.

It's finally dark!

We love fireworks, and generally aren't too afraid of them, but every once in a while... one gets away. I happened to be taking a slow motion video at the time.. good catch! Luckily, it didn't actually hit anyone!


Crazy huh?!

I hope that you all had a lovely holiday and are having a great summer so far! Excited to catch up with you guys and post more of what we've been up to!

Thank You for Reading!
Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO