Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Goal Review

2014 was such a whirlwind! I can't believe how quickly it went! I hope you all had a great year. Here's how my goals shook out. Not too shabby. :) 
1) Finally make it to Seattle.
2) Do 6 things I never thought I would do. (sincerely enjoy Guardians of the Galaxy, brushing up on Spanish, Stay in a hostel,  make a paleo dessert, Watched baseball on TV on purpose, How happy to see a Phoenix sunset, Finding a Rosemary Clooney record at goodwill!, ) 
3) Learn how to can and preserve.
4) Read 20 books, 5 Classics. (5 and 2) (The Lieutenant, homes in cities, how to be Canadian, Anne of Green Gables, Murder on the Orient Express, )
5) Wear more color. 
6) Do a 365 day self portrait challenge.
7) Paint more tiny canvases.
8) Learn to make shortbread (in a real shortbread pan).
9) Send more mail and give more gifts just because. -again
10) Use my beautiful new planner... for everything.
11) Refinish thrifted furniture in the bedroom.
12) Visit a new country or another Canadian province.
13) Cook at home more.
14) Host 12 gatherings of some type, several of which are bigger themed/holiday gatherings. (KC bday, my bday, Halloween, )
15) Try new cuisines. (Russian, Korean, )
16) See the Pacific ocean.
17) Watch 12 classic or cult classic films. (Duck Soup, Day at the Races, Roman Holiday, Bridget Jones' Diary, Ghost Busters, Arsenic and Old Lace, It's A Wonderful Life, Amelie, Clueless,  Mystic Pizza, Notting Hill, With Six You Get Eggroll, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, )
18) Go to a new art museum. (Saint Louis, Seattle Asian Art Museum, Walker Sculpture Garden, Olympic Sculpture Park)       
19) See a play or musical.
20) Spend more time outside.

Other accomplishments;

Saw some great concerts ....  checked Jack White off KC's bucket list! -7!
Made a cleaning schedule, began using it/tweaking it.
Cooked, and had fun! - I was burned out after 2012.... 
Did some really fun DIYs in our apartment! (Like this one!)
Did more travel than any year previously! 6 trips! :)
Got Duchess more adjusted.
Learned some fun new games.
'Met' some great new blogger friends!
Redesigned my blog on my own.... and I love it! - still in progress, but a big improvement!
Did lots of successful thrifting.
Celebrated 3 awesome years of marriage, and 8 years together!
Got some great ideas for 2015!

How was your 2014? What did you do? What are you proud of?

What do you want to accomplish in 2015?

Thanks to all of the readers, followers, and friends who have supported this blog this year. I really appreciate it, it keeps me going! :) 

Happy New Year!

Alexandra

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on all of the accomplishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you accomplished a lot last year! That is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kira. It was a pretty good one! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shea. It was a great year. Thought I always want to do *more* don't we all. :) I was most proud of our travel for sure. It has always been a big desire of mine to see the world. :) I hope you have a lovely 2015 as well! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Melanie! I think they went really well! Excited to sit down and make some goals for the new year! XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Sarah! Glad you made it on your cruise! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kenzie, it was a busy but awesome year! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, you knocked a lot off your list :) i'm jealous of all your travel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shoot! This makes me want o go find my resolutions from last year to see how I did! (I hope I did well;) You did SO awesome on yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It went pretty well overall. Not enough books. Travel is definitely the part of the year that went best for me. :) You took some awesome trips too! I hope to visit all of those places someday. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Meagan! :) I love to look back. I try to keep them accessible in Evernote year-round so that I look at them frequently. Helps to focus my free time sometimes. :) It was a great year! XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! These are really cool goals. Seattle is one of my favorite cities, how did you like it?? And how did you like Korean food? I am half Korean so I am very partial towards it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great goals and you guys did awesome!! I am beyond impressed and I'm sure this list just added to making the year so memorable!

    www.hollandsreverie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Gina! Seattle was a tricky trip for us. A lot of little things were difficult / went wrong. But we still had a good time. We saw a lot of cool things and had some great meals. :) Overall I think we just had expectations that were too high. I would like to try it again in a few years, I think it might be better a second time. The Korean food was great! I actually had it on a 'field trip' with my preschoolers when I was working at the school. It was good though! I would like to go back for a grown up dinner LOL. :) I felt like Lane Kim in GG. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Joanna, I love to keep track and look back on them. I think it really helps me reflect better and keep track of what I love and actually care about! :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! :) We had a fun year! Still trying to figure out what I want to do this year though! - tough one. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did awesome on achieving your goals! Cheers to a wonderful 2015!

    Heidi D.
    www.wishesandreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Heidi, and thanks for stopping by! :) XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO