Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Simply Summer Mix Vol. II

Ah, summer. Road trips, lemonade, stormy skies, and fireworks. S'mores and Sandals, lots of time by the water....

One of my favorite things to do with KC in the summer is take drives at night. I like to turn the music up, put the windows down, with my feet on the dash. Soaking up the summer night air.


Last year I posted this summer mix, and I still love it. So much so, that it expanded to make a volume II.

This mix is pretty eclectic and fueled by catchy indie pop. It has some broods, a little Vance Joy, glass animals... It's got a bohemian feel, like summer does, and it's perfect for a day at your desk when you really want to be outside. Or maybe a night drive of your own. :)

I have published this mix to Spotify, you can listen to/follow it here. 

Give the playlist a listen and let me know what you think!

What are your favorite tracks this summer?

What is your favorite thing to do in the summertime?

XO,

Alexandra

10 comments:

  1. Ohh yay this sounds like JUST what I want to listen to right now. The Glass Animals... I can't get enough of them! And Inside Out too... that's one I get so excited about when I hear it on the radio, it's just so easy to listen to.
    Right now I love Hands Down by The Greeting Committee--I really need to find out what other stuff they sing because I can't stop singing that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooove these songs!! Glass Animals are so so so so good. Especially for summer. We saw them in Indy a few weeks ago (need to post!) but they just announced a Buzz show, Oct. 1st at the Midland. You could plan in advance and get a baby sitter! Seriously so so good. They go onsale Friday for freeloaders (fast and free) plus the first 965 get discounted tickets. I kind of want to buy some.... but I don't know if I can with our budget for July trips. Plus I bet it well sell out... : /

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I'm terrible at discovering my own music so playlists like this help me expand my horizons. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! My hubs has had Death Cab's new album on replay since it came out.

    Gina
    Pink Wings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the list! Thanks for sharing!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great playlist! Perfect for a beach-side weekend!

    http://fashion-soup.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand. Thank goodness for our local alternative station and spotify! haha XO -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Gina! I haven't heard the whole album yet, but I am excited to get to it all! XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Melanie! It's just perfect for summer. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Tracy! Thanks for stopping by! XO -Alexandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO