Thursday, February 25, 2016

Outfit Motivation .... // When It's Not *that* Freezing

Hellloooo from the road! I hope you guys are having a great week! :)

Lately, the weather here has been warmer and breezy. I find myself wanting to try a little harder getting dressed from time to time! :)

I have two friends who started selling LuLaRoe recently, and while I was skeptical at first... I'm loving shopping their FB boutiques and getting to know LLR a little better. I bought this great pencil skirt... The "Cassie" and decided I should finally wear it out and about.

I don't do fashion posts that often anymore... so here you have it!


Outfit Details:

Jacket: Kenneth Cole via TJMaxx, $45 - Old
Shirt: Target via The Salvation Army, $5 - Old
Skirt: LuLaRoe "Cassie", $35
Tights: Target, Clearance, $6(?) - Old
Leopard Flats: Target, Clearance, $20(?) - Old

Total: $117
Recent Total: $35


A Note About Pattern Mixing:

Aside from my jacket, every  piece I am wearing in this outfit has a pattern. The skirt has a very faint quilted chevron-ish texture to it. The tights are black leopard print, the shoes are leopard print, the shirt is plaid. This may sound like a lot, but it's well balanced by the fact that my tights and skirt are subtly patterned with a texture in the same colors. This makes it easier to pull off!

Let's also agree, leopard print is essentially a neutral. Which means it pairs SO well in any pattern mix. Plaid, floral, stripes, dots... just get some flats and wear them all. the. time.

What have you all been wearing lately?

Anyone else love pattern mixing? What's your favorite combo?

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO