Friday, May 20, 2016

Have You Heard? // Ellie Goulding - "Keep on Dancing"


When we saw Ellie Goulding on SNL back in 2011. I remember thinking she has such a cool voice, I definitely need to hear more of her music. I downloaded her first album Lights and I could instantly listen to it on repeat for days. I still love it.

Her second album Halcyon had a harder rock sound, and it was a little more emotional... but it grew on me, and now it has a solid place in my music library. We very nearly went to see her in concert at this small theater in St. Louis... in 2013, but we didn't. I've kind of been kicking myself since then... It was a little last minute, and winter... and I wasn't sure it was a good idea. "Who IS this person?!?!" you might be asking yourself. Answer: I don't know who she was.

Ellie released additional singles, and tracks to go with the first two albums before releasing her newest one Delirium last November. I was initially kind of thrown off by her new sound. It definitely took a handful of listens for me to LOVE it. Being a songwriter-y Ellie fan this dance-pop-rap sound wasn't what I was hoping for. All in all, I like the album quite a bit now. It's still not my favorite one, but it's great for making it through a work day or getting pumped up about anything.

There are a lot of really great tracks on this here, but my favorite is "Keep on Dancing". I get the whistling chorus stuck in my head all of the time. I'm in line at Target just grooving like a crazy person.... Have you heard it? What do you think?



We finally got to see her in concert this week. It was SO cold, and I was having a very hectic week (couldn't turn my head to the left for a full 4 days due to stress - kind of week), and I almost said we should stay home. But I'm very glad we didn't.


The concert was great, she played a few older songs, but mostly stuck to her pop singles (ala Calvin Harris). I always cringe just a little OK a lot... when people freak out over the singles... but it was still such a good show and I majorly needed a night off. So it was hard to be too music snobby. :P


I'm glad we finally got to see her live. I'm also glad she played a few tracks from Halcyon! "Figure 8", "Explosions", and "My Blood" (my favorite!) were GREAT! If ever she plays a small show again... I'm going to try to be there!

And that my friends, is why you do not say no to concert tickets.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Anyone dancing at their desk?! :)

XO,

Alexandra

P.S. Some of my favorite Ellie songs are on soundtracks! Like Divergent, Breaking Dawn Pt. 2, Catching Fire. Other favorites are her covers! She does a great versions of Alt-J's "Tessellate", Elton John's "Your Song", and Active Child's "Hanging On".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO