Thursday, December 1, 2016

Eleven Months In // 2016 Goal Progress

In order to keep up with my goals for 2016 a little better, I have been trying to do monthly mini goals. :) See my 2016 goals here

November Goals: 

1) Read 5 Books - keep crushing my Netgalley queue

Nope - I read NOTHING starting the last week of October - 11/21. On 11/23 I finished two books in a day! And then another book that week. Wow. Then a another one last week... Lol, it's feast of famine over here! Read those reviews on Monday in my November Reads post. One of these books was from Netgalley, the others were from the library... not doing so well on that book ban. haha!

2) Keep my dental appointment and finish out scheduling as necessary

Nope - I wrote last month's post before I actually made the appointment, even though I meant to. Big fat fail.

3) Do yoga 3Xs per week + at least one extra workout on Tuesday

Nope - I need to figure out a new strategy in 2017... 

4) Watch 3 Disney Movies (including Moana - hopefully!)


Nope - I watched Cinderella with KC. We were exhausted so Jaq Jaq and Gus Gus's antics were especially hilarious. We made it to see Moana with two good friends. It was really cute, I would recommend seeing it if you have been considering it. :) It wasn't perfect but it was very beautiful and entertaining!

5) Crush Jess's baby showers!


Check! - Jess's first baby shower went super well! We had tons of friends and family there. It was so exciting to see all the sweet little baby things she got, and how excited everyone is! :) Jess's second baby shower was good too! I was a lot less the host in this situation, so I focused mainly on the invites, games, and paper type products in prep. #obvs This shower was family dominated and right after Thanksgiving. It was nice to have so many friends and family in one place! Jess was spoiled again, I'm sure they are feeling much more prepared for Baby Moore to make his or her appearance in February! If you'd like to see more click here and here.

6) Do some type of gratitude project

Check! - KC and I are wrestling with the results of the election, and more-so what we've seen demonstrated in people we know (and don't know) since the election has ended. There's a lot of hate out there right now, and it's extremely disheartening. Not to mention the things that were already happening (terrorism, natural disasters, etc. etc.). It goes back to that post where we were all discussing small things we can do when things seem like they are falling apart. Read that, here. ANYHOW, KC and I decided to "give back" in some way every week between 11/21 and the end of the year. I'll post more specifically about this soon, but it has been a good way for us to know we are making a small good thing happen - when we can't control the big things.

7) Focus on healthy meal prep in November - self care while busy!


Check (ish)? - We did ok at making sure we had food around the house, and making sure to eat up leftovers, and leftover bits of ingredients ... I will tell you again, freezing things in ice cube trays is the bomb dot com. Adobo chiles, you will never be wasted again! Beef broth! Be used! bahah KC has taken to making scrambled eggs and sometimes bacon for breakfast.. not really healthy... but it's real food, and it's coming from our house (not a restaurant or bakery!) - which is something that we struggle with breakfast-wise. We also lived off the meat, cheese, cracker, veggie, and fruit tray leftovers from Jess's first shower for about a WEEK afterward! haha Feeling good about all of that. We did eat quite a lot of veggies and fruit with our not so healthy but real meals this month. Even if we weren't eating broth-based soups and mason jar salads daily, I feel pretty good about our eating at home during a busy time!

8) Get a jump on holiday prep!


Check (ish)!- We went a little crazy in the Target "wondershop" ... and we got a lot of decorations for our tree this year. We try to do a different decoration set every year - mixing and matching what we own with new things as needed. This year is going to be non-traditional which is super fun! We have a ton of wrapping paper, and I am almost done with our gifts for people. Still trying to figure out activities I want to do, if we want to have a Christmas party, and any new cookies that I want to make. :) Not too bad considering all the bdays and events in Nov!


9) Work on Simply Alexandra Stationery holiday cards & giveaways!

Check! - After I finished up some weddings this summer/fall... I've been in a bit of a lull. I'm trying not to take it too personally... ha and use the down time to get nice photos, and all my etsy stuff ready to go. I'm not there yet, but I am making progress! :) All that being said, I did enjoy doing invites and save the dates for my SIL and my sister! That all "counts" and gives me good templates for my etsy shop later. I am also doing a few sets of holiday cards, and I am looking forward to ordering foiling online! Ooh, shiny! I need to get going on some giveaways.. .but did offer one special promotion in November.

10) Start working on KC and I's holiday Cards!

Nope - Ummm.. no. I have a pretty clear idea in my head, but I have not put it into action in Illustrator yet. 

Bonus: 

11) Watch Gilmore Girls!!!!


Check! - We managed to keep both of our Gilmore nights with friends this month! Woot! & we watched the Thanksgiving episode as well.. of course! We made plans to get up early and watch straight through until our second Thanksgiving on Friday... and it worked pretty well.... or it would have until I stayed up SUPER late reading... so I slept from 1-5am... and then proceeded to binge watch, and then do Thanksgiving. Let's just say I was super tired!! (&  maybe dizzy.....) I have so many feelings... they are all in a separate post coming soon (I hope!)! :) (I promise to make anything spoiler-y white text so you can't read it. :) ) 

12) Watch a lot of Hallmark Christmas Movies! - guiltiest pleasure - see my silly tweet about each by following me.

Check! - Ha, I started doing this... and I kind of puttered out... I don't know.. it just wasn't keeping me interested. Too much party prep, and project lifeing I think. Which I'm not complaining about. Makes me feel like I will probably be super happy to drop cable in 2017 though! :) Yay for saving money!

Overall Total: 7/12

Overall November was INSANELY busy as I expected it to be. With two baby showers, 3+ movie dates, 1 crafting day, 1 game night, two birthday celebrations, 1 Norwex party, the election, and a musical...... it was a lot. But it actually was not "as bad" as I thought it would be. I started to dread a few of these plans... sorry guys... but it all went better than I thought I would. I was able to pull some social extrovertedness out of the dark, dust it off, and enjoy group plans more than expected. Perhaps this is because I tried to sleep a lot, and still have some time for myself and also just for me and KC? I'm not sure, but I'm happy to report that it was a really busy, but really good November. Which if you read this blog, is historically NOT commmon. I'll take it!! 

December Goals:

1) Finish Christmas Gifts (planning, purchasing, wrapping,  sending/delivering)
2) Do some reflecting on 2016 goals, and set goals for next year!
3) Decide what project life size and method I want to do next year
4) Watch 2 Disney Movies - almost there!!
5) Get an essential oil diffuser
6) Decide if we want to buy a new bed or not....
7) Read some fairy tales! 
8) Find a way to celebrate the holidays with our friends. :)
9) Work on Simply Alexandra Stationery holiday cards & giveaways!
10) Finish KC and I's holiday Cards!

What have you guys been up to in November? Did you meet any of your goals? 

What are you hoping to do this holiday season? - where has 2016 gone?!?!

Are there any goals that you are really slacking on so far in 2016? What are your plans to tackle them before 2017?

Anyone else doing a 101 in 1,001 list? Check out my 2 year progress HERE.

Linking up with Kristen and Gretch for, What's New With You?

What's New With You

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO