Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Erin's Book Challenge 6.0 // Bookworm

Happy Wednesday! I hope you guys are having a great week so far! We've been moving like crazy, last night was our first night sleeping in our new "apartment" with our cats... oh my. Poor things.

Needless to say, very very little time for reading! Hoping to settle in soon, because I really miss normal life!!

Today I am sharing a reading challenge list I am participating in. This one is Erin's Reading Challenge 6.0.

Because I am doing my Book Ban... (not fully successfully..) I am choosing all (or almost all) books I own/already have from the library! :)

Erin's Reading Challenge 6.0 (initial post and rules)

January 1 - April 30 - each book must be 200+ pages




5 points: Freebie – Read a book that is at least 200 pages.
Blossom Street Brides by Debbie Macomber (library) - because I needed something light, and already had this one from the library!

10 points: Read a book that starts with the letter “W”.

10 points: Read a book with six words in the title.

15 points: Read a book that has a (mostly) green cover.
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See (own) - not quite sure on this one... 

20 points: Read a book with a homonym in the title (inspired by the book Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin that I read last challenge with a character who is obsessed with homonyms.) Helpful link: https://www.cooper.com/alan/homonym_l...

20 points: (Submitted by Linda) Read a book by your favorite author.

25 points: (Submitted by Christina) Read a book set in the city/town/state/territory/county/province where you live.
The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Frank L. Baum (can't remember if I own this...) OR In Cold Blood by Truman Capote (own) - Love Capote's writing! Polar opposites these books... hahah

30 points: (Submitted by Peggy) Read a “Rory Gilmore” book. The character of Rory from the Gilmore Girls was shown reading over 300 different books throughout the series. Choose one of them from this helpful link: https://www.buzzfeed.com/krystieyando... HELP! TOO MANY GOOD OPTIONS!!! 

30 points: (Submitted by Stef) Read a book from a genre that you’ve never read (or rarely read.)

35 points: (Submitted by Ferne) Read a book with time travel. Helpful link: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (do not own!) OR The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier (do not own!) OR Green Darkness by Anya Seton (do not own!) - this last one could also work for the green category!

I'm REALLY excited about this list. These are almost all books I own, already have from a friend or the library, and I have been wanting to get to many of these for quite a while. :) 

Is any one else participating? What's on your list?

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO