Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Happy 2017! // Bloggy Break

Happy New Year Everyone!

You know when you *say* you'll blog... and then you just don't? I guess I was overdue for a mini break...!

I am determined to make 2017 a great one! I'm excited to talk goals soon, but I just wanted to get a quick post up to say hey! :) I plan to catch up on some blog reading this week! ;)

Hello Everyone! I hope you had a lovely Christmas weekend! We certainly did! :)


Earlier in the month we made xmas gifts for our coworkers.


We opted for pineapples (Mele Kalikimaka!) and "Rein(root)beers".

Christmas Eve Eve

We wanted to go to a fun Christmas Party at a bakery in KCMO called Natasha's Mulberry & Mott on Friday night. They recently opened up a dessert food truck called Cirque de Sucre. I've been wanting to try this place for ages, and I was hoping to get the chance. We got out there about 45 min before the party ended... and no one was there... whomp whomp! Oh well, at least we tried. We then went to paper source, made a return and purchase and then had a little ice cream treat at glace!

I didn't really take any photos... haha

Christmas Eve



Since my parents moved KC and I have spent Christmas Eve together, just the two of us. This year we ended up with a lot of plans... and it was kind of stressful... but we did what we could. We had breakfast and cleaned the house in the morning.


We drove back to KCMO to see The Nutcracker at the Kauffman Center. It was so lovely!


I have been enamored with The Nutcracker for forever, and I am so glad that we got to go this year! :) It was seriously the most beautiful and imaginative version I've ever seen!


It was an afternoon ballet, so we then went home and Jess and Kalor came over for dinner (which Jess made! THANKS JESS!) and we played a teeny bit of games... I was bummed we didn't have more time. We also face-timed my family in Phoenix, so Olivia could open her presents "with us", it was nice to talk to them a bit. I have no pictures of this... :(

We ended the evening at the Christmas service at KC's family's church. We hadn't initially planned on going, it was nice to do the candle light part, and it was in the old church downtown which is pretty. :) I had a huge caffeine headache though... and kind of wish we had stuck with not going. But it's good to make people happy. (right? - more on goals for 2017 later....)

Christmas

On Christmas morning we woke up and had another breakfast together. We then went to KC's parents' house to have second breakfast (LOL) and do our family stockings and gift exchange.


We had a lot of fun doing that as always. :)

Scalawag is the silliest cat I swear...

We then drove back out to the Kansas City area to KC's grandparents' house to visit with them pre-family holiday gathering. It's nice to get a quiet time to talk with them before the bigger group gets together. You guys know how it can get once everyone is together! :) Loud and busy! hehe


After that we went on to KC's aunt's house for our Christmas dinner and extended family gift exchange. It was a nice time too, and fun to see the kids. They are getting so big! :)


KC's mom made family shirts for us again this year. Hehe how cute are these penguins?! Note that I am the only one doing the penguin flipper thing... lol #thecoolest ...


We ended the night back at home, cuddled up with our kittens!

Post-Christmas



We finally got around to watching Love Actually on the 26th and had Hot Schnaapslate... which is one of our yearly traditions at home. :)


Later that week we had a game day with KC's parents and sister, and her fiance. It was really fun and an all day long type game day.

The 31st was our 5th Anniversary! We took it easy and went out for breakfast followed by hanging out around the house... it was kind of awesome.

I can't wait to share the video on this one!!! :) 

We just listened to New Girl while I scrapbooked and KC messed around with his various projects. :) We purchased a new mattress and box spring type thingy... woot for grown up purchases! :P Super excited though. At the end of the day I managed to tear myself away from the crafts to watch French Kiss. One of our favorite hilariously quoteable love stories. :) We stayed up past midnight to make sure we got a New Year's Eve kiss in. :)


And then we had a New Year's Day game night with our friends (at least the ones who are in town!).


KC spent the day doing food prep, and I made some Christmas crackers, but with New Year's fortunes.


I had a ton of fun with that and made teeny tiny crowns to put in them out of the scraps. :) It was nice to see people and chat, eat, play games, etc. Can we talk about how yummy sorbet in champagne is?!?! NOM.

I've also been doing a ton of scrapbooking... and I made a few more videos. I can't wait to share things with you. :) :)

Fun times!

What have you guys been up to?!?! :)

I hope that you had a happy holiday and a good start to 2017 so far!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO