Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Currently // No More Vagueblogging


Well, I have no post prepared for today... so here's what I'm up to currently... / an explanation behind all that vagueblogging.

Drinking: iced non fat no whip mocha from Starbucks and iced water. Trying hard to drink a lot less soda recently. I think it's going well overall. Also picked up chambord this year, have you guys had this...?! Delicious.

Eating: KC has been making bacon, eggs, and toast some mornings. #spoiled We were making a lot of Irish-y meals last week... and last night we made Chicken Bruschetta Pasta... which is the bomb dot com. (that is from back when KC and I first got married, I had the crazy idea to try 100 new recipes that year... yikes... glad we have revisited this one!)

Watching: Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries (in season 3, I don't want it to end!!), and New Girl for the bazzilionth time.

Reading: Outlander. *all the blushing emojis* Also reading The Bone Witch. I recently finished Saga (a graphic novel) and I LOVED it. 5 Stars, go pick it up!!! (rated Mature...) Also, I'm not someone who reads a lot of graphic novels yet... so ... I think this is saying something... :)

Listening To: hmm not much. I'm still obsessed with the Chainsmokers X Coldplay song. 1989 has been in the car... but listening to music has been low priority recently.

Feeling (physically): sick. I've got bad allergies or a cold. I can't tell which, but it's not really letting up. :( Currently at that stage where my nose starts running spontaneously. Boo.

Feeling (emotionally): drained.

It's been a doozy of a year so far you guys. I know I vagueblogged you guys forever... so I'll just get it out here quickly...

On the 2nd of January my mom announced that she was leaving AZ and heading back to KS with my younger sister. We weren't given a lot of explanation as to what was going on, or was wrong, or anything like that, she just left. They moved in with my grandma who lives here, and not too long after that my grandma had a serious accident. I mean like, a week after them moving in. She is mostly recovered now, but it's been a lot of care and therapy, etc. Then my uncle (who has some health issues) was admitted to the hospital... and it wasn't looking good for a week or two... but he is also recovering now. (thank goodness to both of those!) All of this was happening while my sister Jess was you know, 9 months pregnant. So we tried our hardest to support who we could, but to prioritize taking care of each other and our own families. That baby being born is the brightest spot in our year, and I hope that things keep looking up now that he's here. So anyhow, my dad came in to town to see the baby a few weeks ago (right before KC's bday week), and he and my mom started working out the details of their divorce. It wasn't a fun weekend for anyone to say the least. It's been a long and complicated few months, but I'm to the point where I just want them to do what they need to do. I'm not sad about it or anything like that, but I'm tired of the stress. Jess and I both want to be there for our parents, but we're their children too. So we're doing our best to step out of it (over and over) and keep taking care of ourselves and each other. The main thing I'm worried about right now is our sister OE, who's going to turn 10 next month. I know this is fairly succinct (no one needs all of the details), it's not meant to be unfeeling, just informational. Believe me... I've had #allthefeels .

So yeah... here's to abolishing major anxiety in 2017, right?

In all seriousness, I'm trying to work through it and take care of myself as much as possible. My anxiety is a big issue without all of these things, so I'm trying to be pretty direct with everyone about my needs right now. It feels selfish sometimes, but I also need to remember that taking care of myself isn't selfish. It's necessary.

This should also be a pretty good indicator of why most of my goals were about stress, self care, making less plans, staying home more, etc. rather than making more and more plans. And yes, this is also why KC and I decided to move and save money so last minute at the beginning of the year.

What have you guys been up to lately?

Anyone been through something like this? 

Always open to more self care ideas...

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO