Monday, March 27, 2017

Helllooo from Scotland!

Just kidding! How great would that be though...?!


No, I've actually just finished reading Outlander (for Erin's 6.0!), and spent a lot of the springy overcast weekend watching (most of) the first season of the show. So I feel like my mind is kind of still in Scotland.


Le sigh. You guys, I did not expect to be so swept up in this book...

I had the full gamut of emotions. I was smiling, laughing, sobbing, cringing, throughout the whole thing, and I loved every. minute.



Seeing the on-screen adaptation is surprisingly awesome as well. The trailer looked tad cheesy... so I was nervous, but it's actually really well done for the most part!



KC has been watching it with me and I think he's mostly enjoying it as well. He heard me talk about the book... all week... so he knew a lot of the plot, but we've been chatting about it a lot when we're not watching.



^^^ uh yeah ^^^

Also as a bonus, one of my favorite dwarves from The Hobbit (Dwalin) is in Outlander. You guys know how I love the Hobbit... I just love seeing the actor (Graham McTavish) in another role! Makes me want to watch everything he's been in. So much talent!! (also you guys, he's 56 and he's in crazy good shape!)


I don't have a ton to say... because I don't want to give spoilers... other than... if you enjoy action adventure/romance/historical fiction type books you should pick this one up! The size is a bit daunting, but I think you'll really enjoy it!

Tonight we'll probably finish the last few episodes.. and then I'll have to wait to get the next book from the library. :)

Unless the weekend's library book sale gets the better of me... and I end up finding and then buying them all... haha

Have you read these? If so, what did you think? (no spoilers please!!)

What have you been reading lately?!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO