Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Three Months In // 2017 Goal Progress

Hello everyone, can you believe that it's nearly April?!

March was a blur...!


In order to keep up with my goals for 2017 a little better, I have been trying to do monthly mini goals. :) See my 2016 goals here.


Goals for March:


1) See Beauty & the Beast - GAH


Check! You can read my thoughts on the movie, here.


2) Read 5 books!

this is one of our local bookstore's cats. She's feisty and her name is Dinah.

My reading has been really wonky, all of my posts have books from the month ahead... ha. So, I definitely completed this though I finished 4 books in March (The Final Empire, Alex & Eliza, and We Are Ok - sneak peek) that were in my February post. If you'd like to see what I thought of the others that I read (Saga Vol. I, Sex Criminals Vol. 1, Outlander, The Bone Witch, Just Ella...), come back 4/10! :) 


3) Have an epic KC Bday Week!


Check, read about that, here.


4) Read at least 2 Netgalley books


I read two "sneak peeks" that were from Netgalley. I also finished The Bone Witch. So I guess that counts? It got 3 things out of my queue.


5) Bachelorette / Shower plans for Juliet


We finished her invitations, I bought her gifts, two other ladies and myself have started thinking about details as far as food and games go. Any games that you just loved at a lingerie shower?!


6) Shower plans for SIL


I made and proofed her invites + recipe cards. I even got them addressed and mailed more quickly than expected! :) They have been sent out, and I'm getting RSVPs. Right now, I think that's my piece of the planning!


7) St. Patrick's Soiree?! - last year we did and it was so fun!

I wear this scarf every St. Paddy's day. I bought it in NM one year when I forgot to pack green. I updated the outfit to include this headband though. For $3 I couldn't pass it up. It's ridiculous and fun.

I don't know what I was thinking... it was just bday week. LOL. So we made some festive new recipes (corned beef and cabbage, corned beef grilled cheese, potato leek soup) and went to the parade. I think that's close enough!


8) Read one book from an under-loved genre (2017 goal list)




I read two graphic novels (OMG READ SAGA!!) and finished a high fantasy in March. Woot. I also finished Where'd You Go Bernadette - which was not my cup of tea, but sort of an under loved genre too.


9) Finish two more months in my 2016 PL album


I did this! Once bday week was over things were mostly organized and there was table space to work on this again. I have all of my photos picked, everything printed through October, and am ready to start making the October pages soon. So fun to get to work on this again. I can't wait to start 2017. I also added photos to go with my videos in each of my PL posts, so if you didn't want to watch the whole thing, check back for the photos! :) 



10) Do one extra workout every Tuesday

*Laughs hysterically*... um no. It was all dentist/doctor appointments, etc. and reading. March has been horrible for fitness all around. Whomp whomp.


Total: 8/10 - Very good, I'd say! :) 


Other Updates:


If you've been wondering what's going on (underlying stress... since Jan. 2) you can read about that here. Thank you for all of your lovely comments. :) :) 


Goals for April:


1) Prep for NOLA! *yayyy!*

2) Read 5 books!
3) Get back on the Yoga train
4) Read at least 2 Netgalley books
5) Bridal Shower plans for Juliet
6) Try some new healthy recipes (3?)
7) Find and start a photo challenge
8) Read one book from an under-loved genre (2017 goal list)
9) Think of some spring traditions for me and KC
10) Take at least 10 walks, enjoy the weather before it gets too hot!

How was March for you?


What did you accomplish?


What are your goals for April?



Linking up with Kristen and Gretch for, What's New With You tomorrow?

What's New With You

XO,


Alexandra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO