Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Library Book Sale Recap

Well.. I was going to post an update on my book ban this week... instead I bought quite a lot of books at our library's book sale. (to be fair... I've skipped several book sales since the ban started....) I ended up going twice and getting a nice haul at a GREAT price each time.

Here's what I bought:


Day 1 - with the girls!

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Emmuska Orczy
The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
The Mermaids Singing by Lisa Carey - Mermaids!!
Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery (Anne of GG #2)
Anne of the Island by L.M. Montgomery (Anne of GG #3)
Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery (Anne of GG #5) - missing some of the others, but it's a start.
Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery (Anne of GG #7)
Everbound by Brodi Ashton - I have the first one on my ipad
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Russian Winter - Daphne Kalotay
The River Wife - Jonis Agee - started reading AGES ago, loooove this cover
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis's newer CD. It was new but $1.

Total Spent: $14.50

We *may* have gone to the bookstore afterward, because I needed a kiddo book for a bday party... and on top of the kiddo book... I bought:

American Girls Addy Mystery: Shadows on Society Hill - still working on my AG collection...
Jackaby by William Ritter
Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein - kiddo book

Total Spent: $12.60


Day 2 - with KC, and met OE there for like 5 minutes (LOLOL)

Tides by Betsy Cornwall - It's about Selkies!!
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake - already have....
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows - SCORE!
My Cousin Rachel by Daphne Du Maurier
Cinder by Melissa Meyer - also already have... #norestraint
Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - I have the first one
Ruined by Paula Morris
It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han - I do not have the first one... #norestraint
Zenn Diagram by Wendy Brant - it's an ARC!

Total: $6.50

Grand Total: $33.60 for 23 books and 1 CD. Not bad! :) 

Overall, despite the book ban... I feel good about these purchases. Did I need to buy another copy of Cinder? No. But overall these books were either loved and I needed a copy, something on my TBR, or something like adding Anne of Green Gables series to my shelves. I don't feel bad about any of it, especially at the prices.

What have you guys been reading? 

Does your city do library book sales?

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO