Thursday, August 3, 2017

Seven Months In // 2017 Goal Progress

Hello everyone! I hope that you have been having a great week! 

In order to keep up with my goals for 2017 a little better, I have been trying to do monthly mini goals. :) See my 2017 goals here.

Goals for July:

1) Try another make ahead breakfast

We made that breakfast casserole again, LOVE! And we tried it another time with different ingredients. It's so easy and tasty. Plus it makes enough food for our work week. #winning I would still like to try other make ahead breakfasts in the coming months of the year. We're on a yogurt/granola/berries kick right now. :) 

2) Enjoy our road trip to the Dakotas!

We enjoyed our trip, though there honestly was not too too much to do. Hoping to share that recap soon!

3) Enjoy my birthday!

I did, very much, much more than in quite a while. Check out my recap, here

4) Read 5 books 

I only read two, I've been spending so much time documenting! I did however get into a book last night, so I'm crossing my fingers that the rut is over!! I read Between the sea and the sky and Zenn Diagram. I'll talk about them next week for SUYB! 

5) Do some major goal and soul searching (it's another year folks!)

Yes, yes, yes! Oh my gosh, it had been too long, no wonder I was in a slump. Check out this post with some ideas for how to get out of a rut, and some specific (FREE) resources I used!

6) Check off some Netgalley reads

No... sad face. I think I am going to change some of my picks for Erin's 7.0 so I can read a few from Netgalley!! Or just make myself read some in between. When I prioritize reading (and feel like it) I can get through tons and tons of books!

7) Go through 3 boxes (or the like) that we are storing. Purge, purge, purge!

No... though I did clear off my piled desk, and sort through a few huge stacks and bags there. That might count as one. Half pass..!

8) Learn how to do voice-over audio for my videos on Youtube!

I did this. For those who are curious, I used this method. :) Though I guess Youtube Editor is going away... :( SO I'll have to learn another method. Ha one step forward... 

9) Work on Tuesday schedules

Since I don't work on Tuesdays, I wanted a way to structure my day a little more. As much as I love to read or PL all day... it's good to get a variety of things done. I started by making some lists. I now have two "schedules" to test out on Tuesdays. I'll start with one and see how it goes for a few weeks. Each schedule has 8 items: 3 before lunch, lunch, and 4 after lunch. Since KC comes home to eat with me, it made sense to break it up in that way. I know you guys said you were curious about this, so I'll try to work out a post for you! :) 

10) Make other Youtube Videos (Planner, Crafts, etc.) - what would you want to see?!

I have been making videos like a crazy person. The tripod and voice-over ability make all the difference! I'd love to know what types of videos you'd like to see. :) 

11) Do Yoga every Tuesday + arm weights

No... at least we've been taking walks at work... 

12) Get something accomplished in my Etsy store (starting should not be a hurdle!)

No... at this point, I am not even sure what my goal is. :( 

Total: 7.5/12 

Rationale/News: After spending a lot of time by myself and at home, and working on my goals, etc. I'm feeling much better. :) However, divorce stuff with my parents is at the all time (so far...) high. Which has left me up until early morning twice, having to go into work on only a few hours of sleep. Which amounts to rough work days, and me going home early (dizzy) to take naps. Boo. 

Other things that happened in July:



My SIL Kelsey got to marry her best friend! It was a great day! Check out how cute KC is with his sister you guys. :) 



I basically made a TON of project life pages, and two gift albums. I filmed as much as I possibly could while I worked... so there are tons of videos on the way. :) 





I met up with Shea! We planned to meet last year, but ran out of time pre-Violet! She was interested in starting a PL style album for her recent trip to Minneapolis, so we met up to chat about project life, blogging, creativity, and happiness. We're planning some fun collaborations in the future, so stay tuned! So fun to meet another blogger friend in person!

Also, I got my third round of dental things done. Yet again, not a root canal! Woot. AND it ended up being a lot cheaper than expected overall, AND the dentist got credits back from my insurance, SO I have a CREDIT at the dentist next time! That's super good! I think I have only one more appointment, but I am waiting to schedule it for later in the fall (after NYC). Still, feeling really good about the progress!

Goals for August:

1) Get some planning done for NYC!
2) Try 2 new healthy recipes 
3) Save more than our goal amount with each paycheck!
4) Read 5 books 
5) Clean up / use second room (dust shelves, purge magazines, put away packed items, hang up bulletin board, make reading nook...)
6) Check off some Netgalley reads
7) Go through 3 boxes (or the like) that we are storing. Purge, purge, purge!
8) Learn how to use another program for my videos on Youtube!
9) Try out Tuesday schedules...?
10) Work on new cleaning schedule
11) Do Yoga every Tuesday + arm weights
12) Get something accomplished in my Etsy store (starting should not be a hurdle!)

How was July for you?

What did you accomplish?

What are your goals for August? 

Linking up with Kristen and Gretch for, What's New With You tomorrow.

What's New With You

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO