Monday, August 14, 2017

What Should We Do In NYC? // Calling All Travelers

Update: if you are not outraged by what happened in Charlottesville over the weekend, you are not paying attention. We cannot allow white supremacy in this country. We cannot allow this kind of hate in this country. My heart is so broken over this system of ours and what we allow. If any other group of people (gays, Hispanics, blacks, etc.) "marched" or "rallied" the way those people did in Virginia, they would have been brought down physically by the police. I have no doubt in my mind. Please take a step back this week and consider how you can spread love where you are, and how you can call out those who think their racism (etc. etc.) is ok. We have got to make it clear that this kind of hate will not be tolerated in America. After the president had insufficient things to say about the "rally", I was glad to see what the Governor of VA said. And also, glad to see that KY is pushing to take down confederate statues. *all the broken heart emojis*

Happy Monday Friends! I hope that you had a great weekend!

Last week we FINALLY booked our flight to NYC! :) We found a great price on tickets, and pulled the trigger! We will be there in the early fall, and are looking for recommendations and tips! We've never been!



Here's what we have in mind so far!

Central Park (duh)
Anastasia on Broadway
Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty
The Met
Lots of bookstores

Looking for ideas for hotels, other can't-miss places to visit, cute little districts to walk around, restaurant recommendations, and pretty much any tips for navigating the city! I would kind of like to see another show... but I'm not sure what to pick... too many good options! So let me know if you've seen any shows on Broadway that were great! :)

We want to do a mix of touristy/non-touristy things, and try lots of great food!

I know a few of you live there or near, so if you want to meet up, just shoot me an email! :)

Thank you in advance, sweet blog friends!

XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO