Monday, May 21, 2018

My Favorite Sub Genres to Read! // Bookworm

I've been thinking a lot about books. I'm pretty sure I check Netgalley and First to Read every. single. day. Netgalley I check multiple times per day. I'm always reading at least two books... buying ebooks on sale, looking in Little Free Libraries, and checking for jobs at my local library... the book lust is strong my friends.



Anyhow, today I was thinking about specific sub genres that I have been really into lately or for quite a while, and thought it would be fun to share! Here are my top 6 sub genres to read, and a few recommendations within each genre.

Magical Realism 

I love dreamy stories with little bits of magic and symbolism woven in. 

Anything by Sarah Addison Allen
Chocolat

Fairy Tale Retellings

Re-write a fairy tale and I will read it. #nevergrowup

I have two whole posts about this, Vol. I and Vol. II! :)

Travel Fiction (romantic comedy) 

Exotic destinations + Romance = I'm in.

Destination Thailand
Happiness for Beginners
On The Island (survival-y)
Girl off The Grid.

Christmas Fiction (romantic comedy)

These books give me the warm fuzzies!

Merry & Bright
Trading Christmas
Christmas Letters - technically part of a series, but you don't need to read the others to "get it".


Travel Memoirs/Essays

Please let me live vicariously through your travels!

The Yellow Envelope: One Gift, Three Rules, and a Life-Changing Journey Around the World
No Baggage: A Minimalist Tale of Love and Wandering
A Fork in the Road - currently reading
Bella Figura: How to Live, Love, and Eat the Italian Way - currently reading


Fairy Tales, Folklore, and Myths from Around the World

Collections of tales from around the world are so much fun to read! Especially ones about mermaids.

Mermaid Tales from Around the World
Mermaids: The Myths, Legends, and Lore
The Book of the Goddesses

What are some of your favorite sub genres to read?!

Have you read any of these books?!

XO,

Alexandra


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO