Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration // 1940's

It's one of my favorite days! Audrey & I's Roaring, Swinging, Fabulous, Groovy Blog Collaboration! :) I was a mood-reader this month, so I didn't get to any new titles. Boo. But oh well!

Today, Audrey and I are talking about the 1940's. MAKE SURE TO HOP ON OVER TO AUDREY'S BLOG TO CHECK OUT HER RECOMMENDATIONS! :) 



Here we go:

On the first Tuesday of the month, February through November, we're highlighting books & films from/about specific eras that we recommend! (Television shows, too, sometimes!) There's no commitment or link-up during those months on your end, but in December we’ll host a recap/link-up for the entire year!

I'm learning a lot from this challenge already: 

Books, Films, and Bonus will be things that I HAVE read or watched. "On Deck": will be things that I am hoping to get to soon!

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schafer - loved this!
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - read ages ago, it was so stunning.



Mrs. Henderson Presents - quirky film about rich widow who opens a theater in London. Her stage director has much more risque thoughts about the direction of the show.
Australia - I'm a sucker for Baz Luhrmann
Pearl Harbor - Young Josh Hartnett, be still my heart!


What books, movies, or shows can you recommend that take place in the 1940's? Is there a goodreads equivalent for movies?!

Be sure to hope over to Audrey’s blog and check out her recommendations!

Throw on your poodle skirt and leather jacket, and meet us at the sock hop next month to dive headfirst into the 1950s! We’re rockin’ and rollin’ our way into the next decade and we hope you’ll join us!


XO,

Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO