Thursday, May 10, 2018

The Fifth Annual Kansas Food Truck Festival // Hometown Happenings

Whew, I'm going to post something today that is not a linkup! Look out! :) I have TWO book posts scheduled for the next two Mondays as well, so I hope y'all enjoy those! Plus a suuuuper special announcement late next week!! :)



The first weekend in May was the fifth annual Kansas Food Truck Festival! It is put on by a local food pantry to get some extra funds pre-summer season. Did you know that food pantries have the most need for donations during the summer?! And it is the time of least donations. So, get out there and donate to your local food pantries this summer! :) We have gone to the festival all five years! See year oneyear two, year three, and year four.



This year KC and I ended up with a good sized group of close friends who wanted to join us. It ended up being such a good number of people and we got a lot of good catching up in! :)



We usually get to try a ton of good food at the festival, but KC and I decided that this year we should try to split more things, so we could try more things. That makes sense... right? Well, even though we did that, I think we tried about the same amount as usual. ha. This happens every year. Honestly, the food this year wasn't my favorite... but the weather and company couldn't be beat.





When we got there, we knew that Bon, Bon! had a cocktail club inside of one of the galleries down there again. So we stopped there first to get cocktails. If you've read any of the other posts, you'll know that I had been missing the great cocktails from the Artillery Bar the first year, so it was great to finally have some back, even if it is from a different vendor! I had a Frose (frozen rose with something..., strawberry powder, edible flowers), Kyle opted for the Pineapple Margarita (Pineappel Juice, Tequila, Sage Salt). Later in the day he had a mint julep as well. They were all really good! I wanted to go into Bon Bon for a painkiller... but alas they were not serving the full menu. Which makes total sense.. I've just been jonesing for one!



The first truck we tried was JB's Tacos, we had some delicious ones last year, and wanted to get these before the line got long. We accomplished our goal, but sadly they did not have the veggie tacos that I fell in love with last year. They were still pretty good though.



The second truck that we tried was called Fine Thyme Foods. We tried the wings and the Gouda "nachos" KC didn't love the wings, but the nachos were pretty good.



The third truck we visited was called Taste of Brazil. I was really excited about this truck... but it was only ok. I think I didn't put enough chimichurri sauce on mine, but it was ok. We also tried another dish from that truck that others had purchased. It was basically a pastry filled with chicken and cream cheese and then fried. LOL.



Lastly we waited in line at a smoothie truck FOREVERRR for a "Pineapple Paradise" which comes in a pineapple... obvs. How festive! + it was refreshing in the heat! I could only have about 1/4 because it had banana in it... and I am SO SADLY allergic. How cute is it though?!



We did try another tiny s'mores crèmes brûlées from the Torched Goodness truck before we called it a night at the festival.



We ended the evening at Celito Lindo, on Cinco De Mayo -- which was a little embarrassing and accidental... but we got chips, guac, queso, margaritas, and I got a quesadilla... because I honestly didn't eat that much at the festival... and we chatted for a while. They had live music, and the band seemed to be having a blast so that was fun. It was a nice evening!



I guess my goal of trying more things didn't quite work out (again!), but I feel good about what we had. The cocktails were great, and all of the food was decent... but not amazing. Next year I hope to try some more new trucks! We'll see how it goes! :)

Have you ever been to a food truck festival?

What did you do last weekend?

XO,


Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I love seeing your sweet comments and visiting your lovely blogs! XO